Wednesday 11 June 2008

Theres' a ghost in my house!

And I'm not just quoting a popular ditty. There really is a small, yet powerful spectre haunting my person. It was sent by ST reader Adam Walter, who very kindly wrote that 'you are perhaps not often enough thanked for your contribution to the supernatural fiction community'. I received ST13 last week & am sending this bit of nonsense in gratitude.' Adam also warned me not to look it in the eyes while pushing the button, but it was too late! I'd already zapped myself before I read his note, in good ol' ghost story fashion.
Thanks, Adam, it was a lovely surprise on an otherwise far from wonderful working morning. And no, this is not a way of angling for prezzies from readers. It would be nice to hear from people who like the magazine, though. Didn't Poe write somewhere that 'one kind word meant more to me than all the love in paradise'? While I wouldn't go quite that far, even faint praise is welcome.
But enough of this - let us consider the ghost itself.
At first, it seems fairly harmless...



But then it goes into full spectral overdrive, with a piercing noise and strobing eyes. Even J. Sheridan Le Fanu's very sceptical brother (if he'd had one) would hide behind the sofa.

No comments:

LET YOUR HINGED JAW DO THE TALKING by Tom Johnstone (Alchemy Press)

ST 55 features a tale by Brighton's finest purveyor of contemporary horror, Tom Johnstone. And it just so happens that Alchemy Press is...